The foundation stone for the present building was laid on 3rd April 1954. However for some two years before this, the Church had been meeting in a wooden hut (at the side of the present Church), which was destroyed by fire in October 1991.
Our Church is named after Kingsland Congregational Chapel, Kingsland Road, Bristol, which was badly damaged during the last war.
The congregation there agreed on the sale of their premises with the proceeds invested in a Free Church at Henbury, hence 'New Kingsland'.
When the Congregational Church of England and Wales and the Presbyterian Church united in 1972 New Kingsland Congregational Church became New Kingsland United Reformed Church.
For the last five years we have been without a Minister, prior to that we shared a pastorate with Thornbury URC for ten years. Our numbers are small -seven Church members, two elders, one non-serving elder and seven adherents.
Our Church is situated in Passage Road (The same bit of Passage Road as Henbury Social Club!).
Main service: Sunday 11:00am.
- 16th December at 3.00pm, Christingle
- 23th December at 11.00am Carols and reading
- Christmas Day at 9.00am
Tel: 0117 950 0782