On 5th September 2016, St Matthias Park North opened its doors to students.
The school is a pilot early intervention base (EIB) for pupils in Y7-Y10 (age 11-15) who have been permanently excluded from school or are at risk of exclusion.
This new site means that children from the local area will no longer need to travel across town to receive their education. In the past, this journey has proved difficult for many and resulted in a very long journey time each way. Attendance is crucial for student success.
We offer a broad curriculum, which helps our learners close gaps in their education by reinforcing key skills that underpin subject knowledge.
Qualified teachers, using a highly differentiated and engaging approach deliver the curriculum that meets the learners’ needs. Staff have experience in working with pupils whose mainstream experience hasn’t been positive. They have a wide range of skills in helping pupils manage their behaviour and use Thrive and trauma informed approaches to model behaviour that will support pupils’ development.
Our pupils reengage with education and successfully transition to their next placement at mainstream, special school or alternative provision. Our pupils leave having a better understanding of their behaviour and of themselves as learners.
- Enable each student to make progress from their entry point into St Matthias Academy
- Identify and meet individual students’ needs
- Provide an emotionally safe, but academically challenging learning environment
- Provide high quality assessment and feedback of each students’ learning
- Monitor and review each students’ learning targets in order to encourage achievement and ongoing progress
- Provide opportunities for individual success by developing confidence and competence across a range of learning experiences
- Provide intervention and additional support for those students who require it
- Mirror a mainstream curriculum, as closely as possible to equip students with the skills needed to successfully re-integrate back into mainstream education
- Prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life
Our address:Our office opening hours are 8.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
|St Matthias Park (East/Central)||St Matthias Park (North)|
|Alexandra Park||Machin Road|
|BS16 2BG||BS10 7HG|
|Tel. 0117 9031320||Tel. 0117 4287249|